Hey Friends! I don’t know about y’all but I have really enjoyed my downtime the last few weeks. I’ve had family here for almost the entire time and I wouldn’t have had it ANY other way!
Faith, Family and Love, what more could a girl ask for?
The holidays weren’t exactly my *ideal* version because we missed my dad so much, but we tried to make the best of it and keep trucking 🙂 That’s what he would want!
I can not believe it’s almost 2014!!!! My goals for 2014..I haven’t really had much time to stop and think about it.. but I bet I can come up with something 🙂
1. Spend more *quality* time with the family. You know, turn off the cellphones, TV’s, video games and just unplug. We LOVE board games at my house. So I am making it a mission to have more board game nights, days or whatever else the family wants!
2. Focus and give God the credit for our many blessings in life. My friend just told me about the “JesusCalling” App and I absolutely love it!
3. Spend more time in my classroom with “free moments”. By free moments I’m talking about leaving the lesson plan on my desk and having free discussions with the kids about their learning and what their goals are. I think this sometimes gets left in the dust with everything we have to do, so I’m going to try and make this more of a reality in my classroom.
4. Create more nonfiction units for my kiddos so that they can enjoy their leaning!
5. Keep up my exercise routine that I started over a year ago. I just recently got back in the gym after a few weeks off, and it was tough, but I’m ready to get back to the stamina I was at before Thanksgiving happened! This is week two of the new start, and I’m feeling more motivated than EVER!
So we go back Thursday! Kinda of crazy. When I made my plans, I was thinking about different sponge and review skills we could do before we start new material.
We are going to start off with a review of Place Value. We are going to use my Place Value Interactive Flip Books to review this skill. Our curriculum doesn’t call for expanded form yet, but I always like to teach it as young as soon as possible. As a former upper grade teacher, I understand this is an important skill that needs to be taught while they are learning the basics and setting that foundation. My Place-Value-Interactive-Flip-Books are on sale as well as the rest of my store!
Well, I’m off to cook my New Years Eve Dinner! Happy New Year Friends ! Love y’all!