Hey everyone! I’m linking up with Blog Hoppin for Let’s Talk About Me Monday! I’m not sure if I can come up with 10 things about myself…but I will try!!
10 Things About Me:
1) I got married at the young age of 20 years old to the hotttest sailor in the entire US Navy! We met when I was just 19 years old!! We’ve now been married for 8 1/2 years! He really is an amazing man. He loves me for me and handles my *sorta* dramatic self! Poor thing even watches my ever so addicting Young and The Restless…guess that could have been a different number! LOL!
Yessss that is a Texas Flag Vest 🙂 That’s a whole other Oprah Show..but it turned out nice 🙂 He stuck true to his Texas roots 🙂
2) I am *kinda* a gym rat! Last October, I started on my fitness journey! I was overweight and so unhappy about myself! I *had* to do something!!! So, now you can find me in the gym 6 days a week. I love doing a cross fit type work out. but do not limit myself to just that. The other day, I was outside pushing sleds. There was a tire in the way, and without paying attention, I just went over and picked it up. Well, it happened to be the heaviest tire out there, that I’ve never flipped before. I got under it and realized uhhhh ohhh you goof ball! You can’t flip this tire! Just then, I notice three dudes starring at me like “This chick will never flip that tire”….somewhere I got the motivation and wouldn’t ya know I flipped that huge thing! When I was done, the dude looked at me and said “I never thought you would even get that tire passed your knees, let alone flip it”! Ha! I guess I proved myself!
You can read more about my journey on my Fitness Blog
3) I’m a country music nutso! I ****LOVE**** My music! More than that, I love LIVE Music! Concerts are my thing! I’m tellin’ ya..everyone needs a little GEORGE Strait in their lives!!
4) We move around a lot because of the Navy, and that sometimes is not that fun. I really, really miss my family! I grew up in central Florida, and most of my family is there. Some of them reside in the Mountains in NC, so when we all get together..it’s tons of fun! We don’t get to do that often, but when we do….watch out 😉
LOVE These people 🙂 They make me smile, laugh, cry and angry sometimes 🙂 But we are FAMILY and NOTHING will ever change that!
5) I want to go on a missions trip so BAD! My grandfather often goes on mission trips…and always has the most rewarding stories to tell. I SO want to go! That’s my goal in the next year, to go on a trip. I want to tell people about Jesus, and what he’s done in my life.
6) Brings me to my next thing..my faith. One day..probably soon..I develop the courage to share with you all my testimony. It’s pretty powerful. It goes back to a time when I was so lost. So hurt and so confused. You can read a little bit about that here! Our God is a merciful. Just in the last few months, I have witness God working in ways that I never thought he would. I’ve witnessed an event that really hit me hard with God’s Word . It woke me up….which brings me to #7…
7) This sweet girl…
This is a friend of mine, Ashley. She passed away in June, during our Sunday School class. I only knew her for a short time, but I’m telling you, the impact she had on our lives, will live with me FOREVER. She was the example of living with grace. She used every opportunity she could to tell someone about Jesus. And this is my new mission, I want to #livelikeAshley and #lovejesus. If you are the praying type, say a prayer for her sweet family.
8) Teaching is my passion. Since we’ve moved, I haven’t found a full time position. I know God is in control..but I’m ready. Be thankful for your jobs, they are hard to come by. People ask me “What are you going to do if you don’t get a position”…I just answer..what else? Volunteer, Sub, whatever I can do to get into the schools. It doesn’t pay the bills by no means, but I don’t know anything else. Teaching is all I’ve ever wanted to do…..
9) Since I was a little kid. I’ve been fortunate to experience amazing teachers in my life. They should me compassion, went above and beyond, and did it all for me. Not because their boss told them to, but because they CARED.
10) I am a very blessed woman. To sum it up, I don’t have a fancy car or an over the top house. But my house is filled with love, laughter, and caring people. We have fun…we are active…we enjoy each other. So many people in this country are suffering, so I am so very thankful for everything I have. I want to live a legacy, I want to help people.
I hope I didn’t bore you with all these details of my life..but that’s me..in a nutshell 🙂
OH…and Congrats to…
AMY! Check your e-mail! You won the giveaway!
5 thoughts on “Let’s Talk About ME Monday”
Ashley you're amazing! I get the idea you know how to have a good time, and you always look great doing it!
Sally from Elementary Matters
You motivate me, girl!!!!!
Aww Rachelle, you are so sweet…but YOU motivate me! Haha 🙂
Thank you sweet Sally!!!
I found your blog by surfing and caught a comment of your and so here I am…
To me you are an amazing woman. I am truly moved by your words! It's like you and I are in my home having a cup of tea (for me).
I thank you and your family for what you do, what you give up, and for your strength_ Military families are my heroes! Blessing to you and yours.
Food for though _those little minds may indeed be your mission _ Not everyone gets to travel to foreign countries… I know I haven't.
Thank your for your words. Wendy
Comments are closed.